FreeBSD Port: tcc-0.9.26_3

Ben Wiederhake ben.wiederhake at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 08:58:20 UTC 2016

Hello,

>> "#include <stdint.h>" seems to be impossible with tcc on FreeBSD.
>>
>> Steps to reproduce:
>> Try to compile the following program:
>> """
>> #include <stdint.h>
>> #include <stdio.h>
>> int main(void){printf("Hello world\n");}
>> """
>>
>> Excepted results:
>> Compilation finishes with no errors.
>>
>> Actual results:
>> """
>> In file included from foo.c:1:
>> In file included from /usr/include/stdint.h:33:
>> In file included from /usr/include/sys/_types.h:33:
>> In file included from /usr/include/machine/_types.h:6:
>> /usr/include/x86/_types.h:161: error: too many basic types
>> """
>> And compilation fails.
> You want to be using the headers provided with tcc?
>
> # tcc -run -I/usr/local/lib/tcc/include test.c
> Hello world

Doesn't work either; it fails with the exact same error in the exact
same spot.

Maybe that's because:
- tcc's 'include' are already on the search path by default (see 'man tcc')
- there's no 'stdio.h' nor 'stdint.h' among tcc's provided headers.

Again: on Debian, it works, and the provided headers are the same files
(slightly different content, but that shouldn't matter).

Does it work on your machine?  If so, what could I have done wrong?

Regards,
Ben Wiederhake