'porting' AMD compiler suite

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 07:45:35 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 12:02 AM, William A. Mahaffey III <wam at hiwaay.net>
wrote:

> On 04/12/16 21:05, Kevin P. Neal wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 03:32:21PM -0453, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>>
>>> A bit of poking around yields a 'typedef  __uintptr_t uintptr_t;'
>>>>

>>> *C'mon* !!!! Someone throw me a bone :-). Whassup here, this can't be
>>> the 1st time this has happened .... where is __uintptr_t
>>> defined/typedef'ed ?
>>>
>> % find /usr/include/ -type f -print | xargs grep __uintptr_t
>>
>> You'll need to follow the includes backwards until you get to an include
>> that looks like it is meant to be directly included. That particular
>> command
>> is left as an exercise to the reader.
>>

> *Boooyah*, thanks. It looks like some GNU-ism, still chasing ;-). Thanks
> again.
>
> --
>
>         William A. Mahaffey III

>         "The M1 Garand is without doubt the finest implement of war
>          ever devised by man."
>                            -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

There are differences between FreeBSD and Linux include directory places .

Assume , it it is possible to build Open64 in Linux , but it is failing in
FreeBSD due to unfound files :

There is a need to specify include directories ( -I.... ) in make files
correctly for the FreeBSD being equivalent to Linux include directories .

For example , some files are specified in Linux as   #include <name.h> ,
but in FreeBSD as #include <sys/name.h> .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk .