Strangenesses with package dependencies

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 7 09:26:17 UTC 2016

On 04/07/16 09:04, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> Looking at the package
> (http://pkg.freebsd.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest/All/hugin-2016.0.0_1.txz),
> the file +MANIFEST contains the names of all the dependencies.  After
> replacing , with \n, I get stuff like:
>
>   "OpenEXR":{"origin":"graphics/OpenEXR"
>   "version":"2.2.0_5"}
>   "glew":{"origin":"graphics/glew"
>   "version":"1.13.0"}
>
> All the missing dependencies are listed in +MANIFEST.  I don't know
> enough about the format to determine if something's wrong, but
> currently this looks like a pkg issue to me.

Try:

  pkg info -R -F hugin-2016.0.0_1.txz

for a nicely indented version of the manifest.  I can't see anything
obviously wrong with the manifest myself.

The next thing to do is try installinq the package with debugging enabled:

  env DEBUG_LEVEL=4 pkg install hugin

This will generate voluminous output, which might show what the problem
is to someone experienced in such things.  If you can stick the output
on a pasteboard site somewhere and raise a ticket through
https://github.com/freebsd/pkg/issues that would be great.

	Cheers,

	Matthew