Strangenesses with package dependencies

Don Lewis truckman at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 7 08:26:45 UTC 2016

On  7 Apr, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> Bug 208575 describes a problem installing the hugin package: most of
> the dependencies didn't get installed.  It works fine building the
> port from source, and neither I nor edwin@ (ex-mentor) can work out
> why.  Here's what I get when I try 'pkg install hugin' on my test box:
>
>   FreeBSD stable.lemis.com 10.3-STABLE FreeBSD 10.3-STABLE #0: Thu Apr  7 13:13:03 AEST 2016     root at stable.lemis.com:/usr/obj/eureka/home/src/FreeBSD/svn/stable/10/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>
>   New packages to be INSTALLED:
>         hugin: 2016.0.0_1
>         p5-Image-ExifTool: 10.10
>         vigra: 1.11.0
>         hdf5: 1.8.15_1
>         fftw3-float: 3.3.3_2
>
> In /usr/ports/graphics/hugin, make run-depends-list lists all the
> dependencies.
>
> Looking at the package
> (http://pkg.freebsd.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest/All/hugin-2016.0.0_1.txz),
> the file +MANIFEST contains the names of all the dependencies.  After
> replacing , with \n, I get stuff like:
>
>   "OpenEXR":{"origin":"graphics/OpenEXR"
>   "version":"2.2.0_5"}
>   "glew":{"origin":"graphics/glew"
>   "version":"1.13.0"}
>
> All the missing dependencies are listed in +MANIFEST.  I don't know
> enough about the format to determine if something's wrong, but
> currently this looks like a pkg issue to me.
>
> Any thoughts?  Anything else I can try?  The package is very new
> (2016-Apr-07 01:59), not quite 6 hours old.  And yes, I've checked
> that the problem still occurs with this version.

Not that it helps, but I tried buiding the package and ran into this
plist problem:

====> Checking for pkg-plist issues (check-plist)
===> Parsing plist
===> Checking for items in STAGEDIR missing from pkg-plist
Error: Orphaned: %%DATADIR%%/data/blended_stacks.executor
Error: Orphaned: %%DATADIR%%/data/fused_layers.executor
Error: Orphaned: %%DATADIR%%/data/hdr_pano.executor
Error: Orphaned: %%DATADIR%%/data/normal_enblend.executor
Error: Orphaned: %%DATADIR%%/data/normal_smartblend.executor
Error: Orphaned: %%DATADIR%%/data/zeronoise.executor
Error: Orphaned: %%DATADIR%%/xrc/data/ptbatcher_pause.ico
Error: Orphaned: %%DATADIR%%/xrc/data/ptbatcher_pause.png
Error: Orphaned: %%DATADIR%%/xrc/data/ptbatcher_running.ico
Error: Orphaned: %%DATADIR%%/xrc/data/ptbatcher_running.png
===> Checking for items in pkg-plist which are not in STAGEDIR
===> Error: Plist issues found.