Committer needed for PR 208029

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 6 15:37:47 UTC 2016

+--On 6 avril 2016 10:06:41 -0400 Jim Ohlstein <jim at ohlste.in> wrote:
| Hello,
|
| On 4/6/16 12:44 AM, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
|> Hi!
|>
|>> Actually, I just noticed (when compiling the port), that the Makefile
|>> now says:
|>>
|>> WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes
|>
|> Yes, sorry, my fault. Fixed, and as suggested by mat: It is
|> now as IGNORE with a message explaining how to do it for 9.x.
|>

| This is much ado about nothing. The "WITH_OPENSSL_PORT" option is there
| for just this purpose and is used in many ports.

No, the WITH_OPENSSL_PORT knob is a global one, and must not be used in
ports makefiles.  The fact is, there are ports using it, true, it does not
mean it is the right thing to do.

There is work going on to always use OpenSSL from ports, but it also needs
to take into account GSSAPI, and it's a mess.

--
Mathieu Arnold