Committer needed for PR 208029

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Wed Apr 6 14:47:27 UTC 2016

Hi!

> This is much ado about nothing. The "WITH_OPENSSL_PORT" option is there
> for just this purpose and is used in many ports.

In 9.x this is sometimes a problem, if port X builds in variant 1
and port Y depends/links on X, but builds in variant 2. So it's
a temporary solution for 9.x and will be solved when 9.x is EOL'ed.

I'm not sure how this is solved in 10.x/11.x, probably the base SSL
is much more up2date.

> Forcing users who want to use this port to use OpenSSL from ports for
> ALL ports is overkill.

> Think about official packages. Are ALL packages built against OpenSSL
> from ports, or only those that need them? It's the latter, of course.
> Are they incompatible in production? No.

There are grey areas, and I guess it will be like that for 9.x.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         4 years to go !