Hmmm....? "pkg-static: Skipping unknown key 'messages'"

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 15:23:07 UTC 2015

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 6:11 AM, David Wolfskill <david at catwhisker.org>
wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 03:09:24PM +0200, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> > Do not worry this is "normal" (it is due to an annoying message in pkg
> 1.5.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Bapt
>
> Cool -- thanks!  I kinda expected that, but (as noted), I though caution
> might be appropriate. :-}
>
> (And the "poudriere bulk" run completed with an exit status of 0. :-})
>
> Peace,
> david
> --
> David H. Wolfskill                              david at catwhisker.org
> Those who would murder in the name of God or prophet are blasphemous
> cowards.
>
> See http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.

I assume that the same applies to all of the "pkg: Skipping unknown key
'messages'" I get when I run "pkg upgrade" on my production server? It
rather scared me and I panicked and aborted. When I re-ran the command
after seeing this thread I got no further messages, just the normal output
with "Your packages are up to date.". Can I assume things are OK, now?

Could an entry be made in UPDATING so people won't have panic attacks?
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com