[CTF] pkg 1.6.0

Ranjan1018 . 214748mv at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 07:20:31 UTC 2015

> Hi all,
>
> We are about to release pkg 1.6.0. pkg-devel has been updated to 1.5.99.13
> aka
> 1.6.0 rc3 that we hope will become the new pkg 1.6.0 btw the end of the
> Week
> (release planned for Saturday 26th of September or no important issues are
> raised)
>
> On the list of changes:
> - Lots of improvements in the solver (in particular fixes the case like the
>   recent jpeg upgrade)
> - Lots of fixes in the 3 way merge code
> - pkg add can now work without a version specified in the dependency line
> - pkg check -d now also check the required libraries
> - Improved support for partial upgrades
> - Improved zsh completion support
> - Improved linux support (now all regression tests passes on linux)
> - Messages can now be context aware: (only print a given message during
>   installation, upgrade - version aware -, removal, or always)
> - @keywords now accepts new entries to add context aware messages
> - Add the ability to generate graphiz's dot format representation of the
>   solver's problem
> - pkg search now default on showing the comments of of the matched packages
> - Lots of bug fixes and code cleanup
> - Plenty of new bugs
>
> Please test heavily, I would like to make a release quite soon to limit the
> number of users suffering from the jpeg->jpeg-turbo update.
>
> Best regards,
> Bapt

Thank you Batp,

running version 1.5.3 I have this error message:
# pkg upgrade
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
Checking for upgrades (40 candidates): 100%
Processing candidates (40 candidates): 100%
Checking integrity... done (1 conflicting)
pkg: Cannot solve problem using SAT solver:
dependency rule: package Thunar(l) depends on:
xfce4-tumbler(r)xfce4-tumbler(l)
upgrade rule: upgrade local xfce4-tumbler-0.1.31_1 to remote
xfce4-tumbler-0.1.31_1
cannot install package xfce4-tumbler, remove it from request? [Y/n]:
pkg: cannot find xfce4-tumbler in the request
pkg: cannot solve job using SAT solver
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Your packages are up to date.

With this version I have been able to update the packages.

I am running:
$ uname -a
FreeBSD microserver 10.2-STABLE FreeBSD 10.2-STABLE #1 r287746: Sun Sep 13
14:06:46 CEST 2015     root at microserver:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

With the latest repository:
$ cat /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf
# $FreeBSD: stable/10/etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf 263938 2014-03-30 15:29:54Z
bdrewery $
#
# To disable this repository, instead of modifying or removing this file,
# create a /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf file:
#
#   mkdir -p /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos
#   echo "FreeBSD: { enabled: no }" > /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf
#

FreeBSD: {
  url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest",
  mirror_type: "srv",