graphics/jpeg-turbo breaks on strip-debug

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Sat Sep 19 23:26:04 UTC 2015

Antoine Brodin wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 5:32 PM, Julian H. Stacey <jhs at berklix.com> wrote:
> > Hi ports@
> > cc portmgr@ as MAINTAINER= of graphics/jpeg-turbo
> >
> > graphics/jpeg-turbo breaks on strip-debug
> > I've commented out all occurences I can find, but it's still breaking.
> > Any ideas ? Or a fix even ?
>
> Hi,
>
> Could you check that the version of nasm you are using has this fix:
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/384314
> It's supposed to fix this issue.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Antoine

Great !  It works ! Thanks Antoine! I'd have never found that!
I cleaned & re-installed /usr/ports/devel/nasm
	-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1076888 Sep 20 01:03 /usr/local/bin/nasm*
	-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1073728 Dec 24  2014 /usr/local/bin/nasm.was*
& now graphics/jpeg-turbo builds :-)

I removed commenting out of strip-debug in all 3 of
	/usr/ports/Mk/Uses/kmod.mk
	/usr/share/mk bsd.lib.mk bsd.prog.mk
& jpeg-turbo still builds :-)

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Linux Unix C Sys Eng Consultant Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply after previous text, like a play - Not before, which looses context.