Is there an equivalent of NO_EXTRACT?

Ben Woods woodsb02 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 05:07:48 UTC 2015

On 9 September 2015 at 07:00, Piotr Kubaj <pkubaj at riseup.net> wrote:
> On 09/09/2015 06:44, Don Lewis wrote:
>> If you list the distfiles that you want to have automatically extracted
>> in EXTRACT_ONLY, then it will leave the unlisted ones untouched.
> But I want the other one to properly extract and compile. Does that mean
> I'd have to write my own extract: step?

No need to write your own extract: step. EXTRACT_ONLY will do what you
need. A quote from the Porter's handbook:

5.4.6. EXTRACT_ONLY

If only some of the DISTFILES must be extracted—for example, one of
them is the source code, while another is an uncompressed
document—list the filenames that must be extracted in EXTRACT_ONLY.

DISTFILES= source.tar.gz manual.html
EXTRACT_ONLY= source.tar.gz

When none of the DISTFILES need to be uncompressed, set EXTRACT_ONLY
to the empty string.

EXTRACT_ONLY=

Hope that clears it up for you.

Cheers,