Migrating from perl5-5.20 to perl5.22 using custom packages?

olli hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Sun Sep 6 18:29:33 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-06 15:33, David Wolfskill wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 05, 2015 at 09:26:22PM +0200, olli hauer wrote:
>
> Well, as I pointed out in the original note, I use portmaster on my
> "development" systems (which I update daily), and poudriere/pkg on the
> "production" systems (which I update weekly).

Why not set up a second package set for the development systems?

If you change "-z home" to "-z devel" you will get a a second package set.
The nice thing it will always build in a clean environment and you can detect / fix build issues before you upgrade your development systems (with pkg)

E.g in your case:
# poudriere bulk -j 10amd64 -p ports -z devel -f 10amd64-home-pkglist

PS:
if you don't use perl5.20 anywhere just delete the package from $LOCALBASE/poudriere/data/10amd64-home/All/ and after the next run it is no longer offered.

--
olli