Can't get _IMPLIES to work

Chris Inacio nacho319 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 16:53:01 UTC 2015

I'm having trouble getting the <option>_IMPLIES to function correctly.  I
have been trying to improve a port and add more of the options available in
the underlying package into the ports/pkg system.

Basically, as a smoke test I attempt to enable "NONIP" without selecting
"MPLS".  NONIP requires MPLS to function.  I think I've covered this in the
NONIP_IMPLIES, but I get configure errors stating that MPLS must be enabled.

Here is the Makefile snippet, I've tried a bit of reordering and
including/removing/moving the ".include <bsd.port.options.mk>"

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

OPTIONS_DEFINE= PAYLOAD APPLABEL PLUGIN FPEXPORT ENTROPY MPLS NONIP
P0FPRINT IFE
OPTIONS_DEFAULT= PAYLOAD APPLABEL PLUGIN ENTROPY

PAYLOAD_DESC=   YAF will enable reading past IP headers to do deep packet
inspec
APPLABEL_DESC=  Create protocol application labels via traffic header
inspection
PLUGIN_DESC=    Enable YAF plugins, primary for application labeling.
FPEXPORT_DESC=  Export of OS fingerprinting information, e.g. p0f.
ENTROPY_DESC=   Generate Shannon entropy values of the data stream.
MPLS_DESC=      MPLS capture and export
NONIP_DESC=     Capture non-IP packets
P0FPRINT_DESC=  Generate p0f O/S fingerprinting.
IFEXP_DESC=     Export capture interface for DAG/Napatech/Netronome cards.
CMPTIP4_DESC=   Create compact IPv4 output (no IPv6 support).
LOCALTIME_DESC= Allow localtime to be used for command inputs and record
printin
DNSAUTH_DESC=   Modify DNS export to only export Authoritative DNS
DNSNX_DESC=     Modify DNS export to only export NXDomain responses.

PAYLOAD_CONFIGURE_ENABLE=       payload
APPLABEL_CONFIGURE_ENABLE=      applabel
PLUGIN_CONFIGURE_ENABLE=        plugins
FPEXPORT_CONFIGURE_ENABLE=      fpexporter
ENTROPY_CONFIGURE_ENABLE=       entropy
MPLS_CONFIGURE_ENABLE=  mpls
NONIP_CONFIGURE_ENABLE= nonip
P0FPRINT_CONFIGURE_ENABLE=      p0fprinter
IFEXP_CONFIGURE_ENABLE= interface
CMPTIP4_CONFIGURE_ENABLE=       compact-ip4
LOCALTIME_CONFIGURE_ENABLE=     localtime
DNSAUTH_CONFIGURE_ENABLE=       exportDNSAuth
DNSNX_CONFIGURE_ENABLE= exportDNSNXDomain

APPLABEL_IMPLIES=       PAYLOAD
DNSAUTH_IMPLIES=        PLUGIN APPLABEL
DNSNX_IMPLIES=          PLUGIN APPLABEL
ENTROPY_IMPLIES=        PAYLOAD