lang/go security problem on one but not the other

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 16:24:38 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Rob Belics <rob at spartantheatre.org> wrote:

> I have a server and my workstation. Both run FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE. Both had
> lang/go version 1.4 on them. lang/go version 1.5 was released in ports and
> it builds on my local workstation, including reinstalling version 1.4.2
> but, on the server, it complains about the previous security
> vulnerabilities and won't build.
>
> I tried uninstalling both and deleted the distifles but that didn't change
> anything. Why and what should I do?

Vulnerabilities are checked against a flat XML file that is normally
located in /var/db/pkg/vuln.xml. Check the dates of this file on both
systems. It should be updated daily when the periodic security check runs.
By default this starts at 3:00 local time. If the file is not being updated
on one system, that would explain the inconsistency.

Are you receiving the logs of the periodic jobs daily? They are sent to
root.
--
Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com