inkscape build fails with ImageMagick - Bug 201655

R Skinner rocky at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Thu Oct 29 08:51:34 UTC 2015

Whoops! Nearly called it a PR again...

I've looked into this bug as I was having similar issues. This bug was
still open so I'm looking to help close it.

I've used default options on inkscape - ng.

Followed the ImageMagick clues, and rebuilt ImageMagick with default
options, then inkscape again with default options - built ok.

One thing that grabbed the attention was numerous warnings regarding
openmp: c++: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-fopenmp'. So:

Rebuilt ImageMagick with +openmp, and rebuilt inkscape again - build fails.

Tried again with +openmp inkscape - build failed.

Rebuilt ImageMagick with +all options _except_ openmp, rebuilt inkscape
with default options - built ok.

So openmp is the culprit in this bug. Perhaps a check can be made if
ImageMagick has openmp enabled with a broken error? Not sure if thats
even possible.

HTH