How to follow changes to porting best practices?

Mel Pilgrim list_freebsd at bluerosetech.com
Thu Oct 29 00:37:05 UTC 2015

Nearly every time I send a maintainer update, there's some new method I
don't know about.  There's nothing about it on ports or ports-announce
and porttools/portlint don't mention it either.  I end up scanning
through commits to ports/head/Mk to find them after the fact.

What do I need to do to track changes to Ports BCP?  It seems
subscribing to ports and ports-announce, and using the existing porting
tools is insufficient.