php5-phar-5.4.45

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Tue Oct 27 17:52:14 UTC 2015

A.J. "Fonz" van Werven wrote on 10/27/2015 16:37:
> Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>
>> It is right, because previously there was only one (moving target) port
>> "lang/php5" and no php51, php52, php53. Then this was changed to support
>> more than one version of PHP and lang/php5 is leftover from the past era.
>
> That I understand, but I'd expect that now with PHP 5.6 being the default,
> lang/php5 would point to lang/php56 instead of lang/php54, which is after
> all deprecated. Or is lang/php5 going to disappear altogether over time?

I hope so. Because there are always some incompatibilities between
versions and if somebody is using 5.4 (as lang/php5) and then get 5.5 or
5.6 after pkg upgrade (because php5 will point to 5.6) it can cause
unwanted application breakage.
It is better to have just php55 and php56 and let user decide which to
install.

Miroslav Lachman