Odd dependency issue with pkg 1.6

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 19:25:33 UTC 2015

Since the update to pkg-1.6 I have gotten errors when running "pkg check
-d". Three of the ports I have installed show one or more missing libraries.
gnome-vfs has require a missing libraries: libcom_err.so
gnome-vfs has require a missing libraries: libgssapi_krb5.so
gnome-vfs has require a missing libraries: libkrb5.so
mediatomb has require a missing libraries: libjs.so
wireshark has require a missing libraries: libcom_err.so
wireshark has require a missing libraries: libkrb5.so
wireshark has require a missing libraries: libk5crypto.so

I have confirmed that all of the libraries ARE present in /usr/local/lib
and several are also in /usr/ib. I have tried reinstalling all of the ports
and all of the libraries. Makes no difference. All of the ports are working
as far as I can tell.

The one thing I notice is that all show no version. ldd also shows no
version:
libjs.so => /usr/local/lib/libjs.so (0x2d197000)

I do see at least one other entry that is missing a version,
libkrb5support.so, but it seems that lack of a version is at least a part
of the problem.

FreeBSD 10-Stable (r288387) amd64. All ports are up to date. Ports are
built with portmaster.

BTW, could the text of these messages be fixed to read:
PORTNAME requires a missing library: LIBNAME
While the meaning is obvious, "wireshark has require a missing libraries:"
really makes no sense. It's been annoying for a while, but not enough so to
get me to submit a bug report.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com