How to close bug which should be reported upstream?

A.J. "Fonz" van Werven freebsd at skysmurf.nl
Sun Oct 18 20:25:46 UTC 2015

Lev Serebryakov wrote:

>   How to close bug which should be reported upstream and is not easily
>  fixable by port maintainer?

If I understand your question correctly, you or somebody else has
submitted a bug that can only (or almost only) be fixed by the upstream
vendor.

My suggestion would be to:
a) add a comment to the bug explaining that it has to be fixed upstream;
b) post a message here on the ports mailing list, with a link to the bug
   report, asking that a committer take appropriate action, such as
   closing the bug (or suspending it, if such a thing exists).

On the upside, your message here will probably already be read by a
committer who knows what to do :-)

Hope this helps,

AvW

--
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example.