libreoffice 5 works and does not

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Sun Oct 4 15:21:15 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have a problem with latest libreoffice (us version) on recent
FreeBSD-STABLE.

On two almost identical setups, one at work and one at home, the former
have no problem with LO but the latter has.

- I can open documents but the menu looks strange with thin white text
against a black background.

- If I do "Save" or "Save as", it crashes immideately.

This is all I see when started from a terminal window:

** (soffice:1106): WARNING **: Invalidate all children called

W: Unknown node under /registry/extlang: deprecated
W: Unknown node under /registry/grandfathered: comments
W: Unknown node under /registry/grandfathered: comments

(soffice:1106): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: remote volume
monitor with dbus name org.gtk.Priva
                               te.HalVolumeMonitor is not supported

(soffice:1106): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: remote volume
monitor with dbus name org.gtk.Private.GPhoto2VolumeMonitor is not supported

(soffice:1106): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property
GtkButton:use-stock is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will
be removed in a future version.

(soffice:1106): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property
GtkSettings:gtk-button-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used
anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

----------

And when deinstalling, says:

Installed packages to be REMOVED:
        libreoffice-5.0.2

The operation will free 294 MiB.

Proceed with deinstalling packages? [y/N]: y
[1/1] Deinstalling libreoffice-5.0.2...
[1/1] Deleting files for libreoffice-5.0.2: 100%
Unknown media type in type 'all/all'
Unknown media type in type 'all/allfiles'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mms'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmst'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmsu'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/pnm'