Porting S3QL and ca-root-nss.crt: Python unable to find needed certificates

Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff niklaas at kulturflatrate.net
Sun Oct 4 13:58:10 UTC 2015

On 03/10/15 16:52, Kubilay Kocak wrote:

> If you're not using OpenSSL from *ports* (ie, from base) then you'll
> want to ensure the ETCSYMLINK option is enabled when installing
> ca_root_nss from ports.
>
> Note: The package for ca_root_nss has this option enabled by default,
> which is the exact and only change bug #189811 fixed.
>
> Jump in #freebsd-python on IRC (freenode) if your investigations turn up
> any issues regarding Python/SSL certificate verification.

Thanks to the great help by koobs we could figure out that the problem
was my built system. Poudriere somehow built security/ca_root_nss
without ETCSYMLINK enabled.

In the end I ended up re-creating the ports trees and jails I use for my
build system that creates the packages that I use for my systems. This
finally solved my problem. So, in sum, it was local problem.

--
Niklaas