ffmpeg0 (was: Re: ZoneMinder /zmu dies on FreeBSD 10.2)

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Thu Oct 1 12:32:30 UTC 2015

Hi!

> Looks like we need to update ffmpeg0 to some current version.

It looks like there's a dependency on ffmpeg0, but we also have
much newer ffmpeg's in the ports tree. So it's probably a
question of getting zoneminder to use the newer versions.

> Looked at it and did not understand - there really is v.0.7.17 in use
> while the modern is 2.8 or I miss something?

Yes. Because those multimedia libs are so complex, sometimes
it's difficult to get a new release to integrate.

> Please   point   me   to   a  right  source  and I will try to compile
> those libraries.

For ffmpeg, it's easy: multimedia/ffmpeg, which is already 2.8.1

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         5 years to go !