Updating php

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 30 14:00:43 UTC 2015

On 2015/11/30 13:39, Carmel NY wrote:
> The problem is fixed. I FORGOT to rebuild the "apache24" server.

Glad to hear is all working now.  Although it's probably not apache24
specifically that was holding you up, but apr (the Apache Runtime) and
mod_php56.

This is why I generally prefer to use php-fpm nowadays, and access them
from a HTTP server using FCGI.  It provides a useful separation of
roles: the web server can handle serving pages as efficiently as
possible and need not know anything of the web application internals or
the language used, nor does it need to link against all sorts of
external shared libraries to provide support for whatever languages.
Keeping things decoupled like that makes it much easier to manage the
system and cope with these sorts of upgrades.

	Cheers,

	Matthew