make index fails with fatal error

Daniel Rudy dr2867 at pacbell.net
Thu Nov 19 22:19:27 UTC 2015

When I try to update the ports index, I am getting the following fatal error:

make[5]: "/usr/ports/Mk/Uses/qmake.mk" line 52: Malformed conditional (${_QT_VERSION:M5*})

It seems to have the problem in graphics/qtawesome.  Additionally, the same thing happens when running make readmes.  The problem areas are in hebrew and russian ports categories.  It doesn't say which ports though.

System Architecture: i386
Ports Tree Version: 401940 (Updated last night)

/etc/make.conf:
#
# Configuration File: make.conf(5)
#

#### Kernels & System

# Kernels to build
KERNCONF=STRATA
KERNCONF+=STRATA-DEBUG GENERIC

# Fast Build
NO_KERNELCLEAN=1
NO_CLEAN=1
#NO_MODULES=1

#### Updates

# Subversion
SVN_UPDATE=     true
SVN=            /usr/local/bin/svn

#### Ports & Components

# This system does not have the following components
OPTIONS_UNSET=X11 JAVA QT QT4