Hi, I'd like to update the coreos-etcd port!

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Tue Nov 10 23:16:35 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 09:36:48AM -0500, John Barker wrote:
> I went through the earlier steps about finding any outstanding issues, I
> can't see any pending PRs here:
> http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=devel&portname=etcd&wildcard=
> am I looking for it wrong?

No, that should be correct.  You can always use bugzilla to make sure
that portsmon has gotten it right:

  https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/query.cgi

> The next step in the guide is:
>
> > If there is no pending PR, the next step is to send an email to the
> > port's maintainer, as shown by make maintainer.

I've always hated that advice :-)  I'd say open a PR.  It gives much
more information as an audit trail.

There is another reference you might want to look at:

  https://wiki.freebsd.org/KubilayKocak/ThePerfectPortsIssue

mcl