lang/gcc48 fails to build [on HEAD]

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Tue Nov 10 18:23:55 UTC 2015

Am 09.11.15 um 11:06 schrieb Gerald Pfeifer:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> On Mon, 9 Nov 2015, Rainer Hurling wrote:
>> I am using lang/gcc48 for a long time now on FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT. From
>> time to time I have to rebuild the port. This is the first time, that I
>> get the following error:
>
> I have no idea where this is coming from.  In fact, I rebuilt
> the lang/gcc port just last night (which is pretty much the same)
> and did not run into this.
>
>> Is this a known error? It seems, there is something odd with C++ mode
>> and C files?
>
> GCC now is built as C++ code, even though most source files have
> not been renamed from .c.  So this warning is expected and can be
> ignored.
>
> This being an old port, nothing has changed on the GCC side.  Which
> means something in -CURRENT must have broken it.
>
> Gerald

I think I found the problem.

In my initial mail of this thread, I reported, that after upgrading
Freebsd 11.0-CURRENT to r290538 (including locale and localedef updates)
I am not able to build lang/gccXX any more. All I get are errors like
that in usr/ports/lang/gccXX/work/build/gcc:

----
In file included from .././../gcc-4.8.5/gcc/genflags.c:26:
In file included from ./tm.h:16:
./options.h:4293:3: error: redefinition of enumerator 'OPT_C'
  OPT_C = 129,                               /* -C */
  ^
----

After more than 20 of them the build stops with
fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=]
20 errors generated.

This is with locale for Germany:
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

If I use 'LC_COLLATE="C"' for the build, the build works fine again:

cd /usr/ports/lang/gcc48
env LC_COLLATE="C" make

So it seems, that something with the new 'locale' code in base of HEAD
is not working as expected here? (At least for other locales than US?)

I added bapt@, because he is the author introducing the new code into HEAD.

Hope, my explanations are clear enough to get the problem. Please feel
free to ask for more information, if needed.

Regards,
Rainer Hurling