Suggestion for FreeBSD ports - Autokey

Kubilay Kocak koobs at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 10 10:29:38 UTC 2015

On 10/11/2015 8:38 PM, PeerCorps Trust Fund wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> One extremely useful keyboard automation utility that has existed for Linux for quite some time has been Autokey: https://code.google.com/p/autokey/
>
> I am not sure how suggesting ports works, but I'd like to suggest this one for inclusion.

Hi Mike,

It looks like an updated verion of autokey (ported to Python 3) exists here:

https://github.com/guoci/autokey-py3

It's also available in PyPI as:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/autokey-py3

This means it should be `pip install`able and that it should be pretty
easy to create a port for.

If you can provide confirmation that it functions on FreeBSD as is (via
pip install) I'd be happy to look at creating a port for it.

You can find me and other FreeBSD/Python folks on IRC:

#freebsd-python @ freenode

See you there!

./koobs