Call for Help: need script for patching ports tree, building with poudriere

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 7 21:13:15 UTC 2015

On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Torsten Zühlsdorff <
mailinglists at toco-domains.de> wrote:

> It:
> - assumes that patches are generated against /usr/ports (which makes
> applying much easier)
> - apply the patches
> - get the ports affected by the diff with svn diff
> - runs portlint
> - runs poudriere for many versions...
> - reset every change made to the portstree

That flow of steps is very close to what I need.
The scripts in http://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ci
are mostly shell or Python, but I'm flexible,
as long as the scripts run under FreeBSD.

I think you mentioned one problem about starting something, and then
running out of time to finish working on it.
This problem is very common. :(

Hopefully if we have multiple people working on something and
collaborating, we can get something going that many people can
maintain and enhance in future.

I would say go ahead and provide your script via GitHub pull request,
unless you want to clean it up a little before providing it.

Thanks.
--
Craig