lang/python3: port build with "package-recursive" fails

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Tue Nov 3 10:32:05 UTC 2015

I use nanoBSD (sources: most recent CURRENT, build system: most recent CURRENT)
and try building ports via Makefile environment:

WHEREWEARE=`pwd`

package:
	@export PKGREPOSITORY=${WHEREWEARE}/Pkg && \
	cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg && make clean && \
	cd /usr/ports/lang/python34 && make clean && \
	cd /usr/ports/lang/python3 && make clean && \
	make package-recursive

I receive the error shown
below. I also run into the same trouble building the package on a
regular basis. It seems that some dependencies crucial for the installation are
not built. One reason seems to be that from earlier builds, some remnants (work
and content) are leftover, not cleaned up by the "make clean". I looked for a
"make clean-recursive", which, in my logical, naive thinking, could be the
salvation for this problem, but I didn't find a solution.

Somehow a solution seemed to arise when thinking about the toplevel port,
cleaning all its dependencies, but this also failed.

Is there an elegant solution to figure out for a port which one of them are
necessary to cleanup all dependencies? I thought lang/python3 would do, but
cleaning its repo directory doesn't clean everything recursively.

Please CC me, I do not subscribe the list.

Thanks in advance,

oh

[...]

+ CR env 'ASSUME_ALWAYS_YES=YES' /usr/sbin/pkg info
+ chroot /empty/obj/ALG_amd64-CUR/_.w /bin/sh -exc 'env
  ASSUME_ALWAYS_YES=YES /usr/sbin/pkg info'
+ /usr/bin/wc -l
+ env 'ASSUME_ALWAYS_YES=YES' /usr/sbin/pkg info
+ have='       2'
+ CR0 'ls Pkg/*txz | xargs env ASSUME_ALWAYS_YES=YES /usr/sbin/pkg add'
+ chroot /empty/obj/ALG_amd64-CUR/_.w /bin/sh -c 'ls Pkg/*txz | xargs env
  ASSUME_ALWAYS_YES=YES /usr/sbin/pkg add' Installing gettext-runtime-0.19.6...
pkg: Missing dependency 'indexinfo'
Installing gettext-tools-0.19.6...
pkg: Missing dependency 'expat'
Installing libffi-3.2.1...
pkg: Missing dependency 'indexinfo'
Installing pkgconf-0.9.12_1...
the most recent version of pkgconf-0.9.12_1 is already installed
Installing python3-3_3...
`-- Installing python34-3.4.3_1...
|   `-- Installing libffi-3.2.1...
pkg: Missing dependency 'indexinfo'
Installing python34-3.4.3_1...
`-- Installing libffi-3.2.1...
pkg: Missing dependency 'indexinfo'
Installing readline-6.3.8...
pkg: Missing dependency 'indexinfo'

Failed to install the following 6 package(s): Pkg/gettext-runtime-0.19.6.txz,
Pkg/gettext-tools-0.19.6.txz, Pkg/libffi-3.2.1.txz, Pkg/python3-3_3.txz,
Pkg/python34-3.4.3_1.txz, Pkg/readline-6.3.8.txz