fail2ban fails to build (fwd)

Kubilay Kocak koobs at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 3 02:55:01 UTC 2015

On 3/11/2015 11:10 AM, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> Anyone like to comment?  I don't know Python, nor am I familiar with the
> more subtle aspects of the ports area.

Hi Dave,

I can't reproduce the issue building/testing security/py-fail2ban with
poudriere.

The error included in your original post though, appears to be related
to the devel/py-setuptools27 port, not fail2ban itself. I can't
reproduce the error testing that port either.

The error you get "invalid character in a key" looks like a libucl error
message, a format that pkg uses for the MANIFEST file.

Can you attach `pkg version -v` output please.