www/firefox really depends on security/openssl?

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Wed May 13 21:12:28 UTC 2015

On Wed, 13 May 2015 08:54:11 -0400
Ernie Luzar <luzar722 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe it takes a PR to shine light on this problem as the subject of
> this post is no longer valid

Yes, discussion has shifted far away from topic.

I would really appreciate this issue beeing on the todo list of the
FreeBSD project.

When thinking about a suitable subject of such a PR containing "OpenSSL"
I am getting aware of my limited FreeBSD knowledge and experience. And
the situation is even getting worse when thinking about the content
of this PR. I even feel that such an important issue cannot even be
categorized the right way within FreeBSD Bugzilla as it is affecting
both base system and ports.

Does anybody feel more experienced with this topic. Or should we first
start a mailing list or forum thread where we can collect main issues
and suggestions that can later be incorporated into a PR?

Peter