persistent svn error message

Scott Bennett bennett at sdf.org
Tue May 12 07:07:38 UTC 2015

horst leitenmueller <horst.leitenmueller at liwest.at> wrote:

> you have solved it now ?

     As I wrote before, I took David Wolfskill's suggestion when the
method on the web page you suggested made no difference.  I backed up
/usr/ports (and I still have the backup), unmounted it, newfs'ed the
partition, remounted it, and then ran the svn checkout.  I dislike
doing that very often because of the time it takes and the nuisance
of having to save and restore a few things, but it does usually cause
many sins to be forgotten. :->

> do you still geht the error if you do an update
>
> cd /usr/ports/databases/
> svn up
>
> ?

     Yes, I did still get the error.  The procedure did not appear to
have had any effect whatsoever, which is why I proceeded with the other
method (see above and in previous followup).

> you can also make a
>
> cd /usr/ports/databases/innotop
> svn diff
>
> (http://svnbook.red-bean.com/de/1.7/svn-book.html#svn.ref.svn.c.diff   )
> which shows you the differences from your svn tree to the remote one
>
> please is problem still exists, do a
>
> cd /usr/ports/
> svn info
>
> with this info i can check what happened with this node

     I'd rather not do that now that the problem has been dealt with.
To do what you ask, I would have to blow away the newly checked out
/usr/ports and restore the old one from the backup.  Sorry about that. :-)

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
* Internet:   bennett at sdf.org   *xor*   bennett at freeshell.org  *