net/unison240 depends on lang/ocaml-nox11

Michael Grimm trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de
Sat Mar 21 16:55:41 UTC 2015

> On 21.03.2015, at 15:50, Guido Falsi <madpilot at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> On 03/21/15 14:50, Michelle Sullivan wrote:

>> Which means that if unsetting X11 on in the port and not globally ocaml
>> is built with X11 and unison without - which poudriere will fail on when
>> it tries to find the dependencies...  which means my thoughts were
>> exactly the opposite ... poudriere scans the dependency tree on startup
>> which picks up the -nox11 package as a dependency then builds with x11
>> when it builds ocaml...
>
> Exactly.
>
> There are four cases:
>
> one asks for both with or without X11, works fine, in both.
>
> one asks for ocaml without X11 and unison with X11, this is wrong and
> cannot obviously work.
>
> last case is asking for ocaml with X11 and unison without. This could
> work in theory, and will work on a live system, but will not work in
> poudriere at present, due to ocaml changing it's package name
> dynamically. I don't know how to make it work with the present ports system.
>
> This fourth case anyway makes little sense to me anyway, once you have
> pulled in the X11 dependency why not use it in all ports which can take
> advantage of it?

I recently (after last upgrade of poudriere-devel, although I do not know if that is the cause) ran into a comparable issue with unison without X11 :

	| MWN> cat /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/stable10-make.conf
	| WITHOUT_X11=yes
	[...]

	| MWN> pkg info | grep unison
	| unison-nox11-2.48.3_1          User-level file synchronization tool (without x11 stuff)

poudriere's build failed with:

---->	|      TK=on: LablTk library (requires X11 support)
	|      X11=off: X11 (graphics) support
	| ===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
	| ---End OPTIONS List---
	[...]
	| ---End make.conf---
	| ====>> Ignoring lang/ocaml: requires X11 support to build TK bindings
	| build of lang/ocaml ended at Sat Mar 21 17:08:37 CET 2015

That's weird, ocaml-nox11 defaults to "TK=on" which requires X11 support. Bug or feature?

I explicitly had to to unset "LablTk library (requires X11 support)" to get this issue solved.

Regards,
Michael