WITH_OPENSSL_PORT documentation

Olli Hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Mon Mar 9 17:10:47 UTC 2015

   Hi Mathieu,
   what is the target timeframe for."soon",.e.g. for.8.x and.9.x having an
   older openssl in base.
   Is there wip. to hide the base ssl libs ?
   --
   Sent from my Android phone with GMX Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

   Mathieu Arnold <mat at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

     +--On 8 mars 2015 13:24:09 -0600 Adam Weinberger <adamw at adamw.org>
     wrote:
     | Can somebody please write something---anything, even 2
     sentences---for
     | the PHB about how to use WITH_OPENSSL_PORT? What users should set
     it to
     | to get LibreSSL for example, and what porters are supposed to put
     in the
     | Makefile to support it?
     |
     | The text at the top of bsd.openssl.mk just shows
     WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes. A
     | few sentences would be a big help, and I'm sure the doc people
     would be
     | happy to take care of all the markup and formatting for you.
     It'll soon be a moot point, WITH_OPENSSL_PORT will be the only
     option :-)
     --
     Mathieu Arnold