mail/roundcube selfsigned TLS problem after upgrade to php56 (SOLVED)

Kubilay Kocak koobs at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 2 10:19:11 UTC 2015

On 2/03/2015 8:15 PM, Marko Cupać wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Mar 2015 09:56:05 +0100
> Marko Cupać <marko.cupac at mimar.rs> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> my roundcube was connecting happily to dovecot2 server over TLS
>> for a few years, until recent upgrade of php ports (5.4 -> 5.6) and
>> roundcube (1.0.5 -> 1.1.0).
>>
>> Luckily, all I needed to add to roundcube config was:
>>
>> $config['imap_conn_options'] = array(
>> 	'ssl' => array(
>> 			'verify_peer' => true,
>> 			'verify_depth' => 3,
>> 			'cafile' => '/etc/ssl/public/dovecot.pem',
>> 			),
>> );
>>
>> I found this information on archlinux forums:
>> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=193012
>>
>> Hope this saves some time to someone, I had my webmail non-functional
>> longer than I'd like to because of this change.
>>
>> Regards,
>
> Similar goes for managesieve plugin:
> $config['managesieve_conn_options'] = array(
>         'ssl' => array(
>                         'verify_peer' => true,
>                         'verify_depth' => 3,
>                         'cafile' => '/etc/ssl/public/dovecot.pem',
>                         ),
> );
>
> Probably also for all other plugins that have something to do with TLS.

Perhaps there's something that can be improved in ports if someone would
like to create an issue in Bugzilla, ideally with a patch.

Perhaps a pkg-message?
Perhaps a section, example, or note in the configuration .sample?

--

koobs