ftp/curl needs better config error message please

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Fri Jun 26 23:54:36 UTC 2015

> Hi sunpoet@ cc ports@
> cd /usr/ports/x11-wm/fvwm2;make package-recursive
>   ===>  curl-7.43.0_1 GSSAPI_BASE is set, which is not compatible with OpenSSL/LibreSSL from ports. Set GSSAPI_NONE or do not use ports SSL..

ftp/curl is still broken after
	svn up # Updated to revision 390661.

Many ports depend on ftp/curl,
	I've temporarily added to DUDS:
 	fvwm2 mrxvt arandr lxrandr xorg xorg-apps chromium dillo2
	& so far I've only got (backward) from ports/x* to ports/www/

I tried
	locate ibre | grep -i ssl | grep usr/ports | grep -v /work/
cd /usr/ports/security/libressl ; make install
	libressl-2.2.0 conflicts with installed package(s): openssl-1.0.2_3

pkg info -a | grep -i ssl
cd /usr/ports/security/openssl 	# just an inspired guess.
make deinstall
cd /usr/ports/ftp/curl
make package-recursive	# OK.

Now httrack complains:
Shared object "libcrypto.so.8" not found, required by "libhttrack.so.2"

pkg check -d -a | grep ssl
httrack has a missing dependency: openssl
nettle has a missing dependency: openssl

cd /usr/ports/security/openssl
make package-recursive

httrack now works, but Ive now killed curl,
cd  x11-wm/fvwm2 ; make
===>  curl-7.43.0_1 GSSAPI_BASE is set, which is not compatible with OpenSSL/LibreSSL from ports. Set GSSAPI_NONE or do not use ports SSL..
*** Error code 1

This SSL can of worms with opaque error messages is not sufficient.
Which explicit exact variable names collide or needed for Which ?
explicit exact full file names please ?

Cheers
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Linux Unix C Sys Eng Consultant Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply after previous text, like a play - Not before, which looses context.