New pkg audit / vuln.xml failures (php55, unzoo)

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 11 13:47:36 UTC 2015

On 11/06/2015 09:15, Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 11:45:29PM -0600, Janky Jay, III wrote:
>> Hrm... Numerous inquiries regarding this and no response is somewhat
>> disappointing.
>
> This is not an excuse, but a number of us are at BSDCan and distracted.
>
> There have been discussions about how to solve the larger "ports security"
> problem but no conclusive decision yet.  It is, however, a hot topic.

I'd like to add that the situation with ports-secteam -- not having a
published list of members and so forth -- has come to the attention of
the Core team and things are in motion to improve the situation.  In the
mean time, Xin Li has posted some useful information to freebsd-security@ --

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-security/2015-June/008458.html

	Cheers,

	Matthew