Help with new port with multiple downloaded files from github

Tom Pusateri pusateri at bangj.com
Wed Jun 3 18:42:34 UTC 2015

> On Jun 3, 2015, at 4:08 AM, Jan Beich <jbeich at vfemail.net> wrote:
>
> Why are you trying to replicate www/chromium logic instead of making
> a slave of it?

I didn’t know about slave ports. I don’t see much about them in the Porter’s handbook. Any docs on them? I’ll gladly do this whatever is the best way.

> Tom Pusateri <pusateri at bangj.com> writes:
>
>> PORTVERSION=    43.0.2357.65
>> DISTVERSIONPREFIX=      v
>> DISTVERSIONSUFFIX=      1
>
> According to the project's releases page 43.0.2357.65 ends in either
> -atom or -atom-1, not just 1.

Ok, I changed that.

>> root at dark:/home/pusateri/ports/www/libchromiumcontent # make
>> ===>   libchromiumcontent-43.0.2357.65 depends on file:
>> /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found
>> _MASTER_SITES_freebsd-chromium=https://codeload.github.com/gliaskos/freebsd-chromium/tar.gz/418e996e3a?dummy=/:
>> not found
>> *** Error code 127
> [...]
>> USE_GITHUB=    yes
>> GH_ACCOUNT=    atom:libchromiumcontent \
>>                             gliaskos:freebsd-chromium
>
> MASTER_SITE_${group} is implemented via sh(1) that supports limited set
> of characters of in variable names of which - (hyphen) isn't one. So,
> try replacing :freebsd-chromium with :freebsd_chromium.

Yes, that fixes my download problem.

>> GH_PROJECT=    libchromiumcontent:libchromiumcontent \
>>                           freebsd-chromium:freebsd-chromium
>> GH_TAGNAME=
>> ${DISTVERSIONPREFIX}${PORTVERSION}-${GH_ACCOUNT}-${DISTVERSIONSUFFIX}:libchromiumcontent
>> \
>>                           418e996e3a:freebsd-chromium
>
> No need to put PORTNAME-derived GH_PROJECT under a separate group as
> it'd add a duplicate unless USE_GITHUB=nodefault. Try instead
>
>  GH_ACCOUNT=    atom gliaskos:freebsd_chromium
>  GH_PROJECT=    freebsd-chromium:freebsd_chromium
>  GH_TAGNAME=    418e996e3a:freebsd_chromium

Yes, that simplifies things.

>  $ make fetch-urlall-list MASTER_SITE_BACKUP=
>  https://codeload.github.com/atom/libchromiumcontent/tar.gz/v43.0.2357.65-atom-1?dummy=/atom-libchromiumcontent-v43.0.2357.65-atom-1_GH0.tar.gz
>  https://codeload.github.com/gliaskos/freebsd-chromium/tar.gz/418e996e3a?dummy=/gliaskos-freebsd-chromium-418e996e3a_GH0.tar.gz
>
> Hmm, freebsd-chromium-418e996e3a tracks 42.0.2311.135. I don't think
> mixing patches for different *major* chromium versions is going to work.

Right. I was grabbing tags from multiple sources and not paying attention to that yet. Fixed.

Thanks for the help. This works now and the versions match.

PORTNAME=       libchromiumcontent
PORTVERSION=    43.0.2357.65
DISTVERSIONPREFIX=      v
DISTVERSIONSUFFIX=      -atom-1
CATEGORIES=     www

MAINTAINER=     pusateri at bangj.com
COMMENT=        Shared library build of Chromium's Content module

USE_GITHUB=     yes
GH_ACCOUNT=     atom gliaskos:freebsd_chromium
GH_PROJECT=     freebsd-chromium:freebsd_chromium
GH_TAGNAME=     b715e82:freebsd_chromium

Thanks!
Tom