Cairo fails to build

Stan Gammons sg063015 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 13:40:27 UTC 2015

freebsd-ports-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:

> > Stan Gammons <sg063015 at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > While trying to build a port that has Cairo as dependency,
> > > Cairo-1.12.18.tar.xz gives a SHA256 checksum error when I try to
build it.
> > > I tried updating the ports tree and gets the same results. Is this a
known
> > > problem?
> >
> > No.
> >
> > Checking the obvious: you've refetched the distfile, right?
>
> I did a portsnap fetch then portsnap update.
>
> When I do a make install, fetching cairo-1.12.18.tar.xz takes a really
long time for some reason. Is there another source for it besides
http://cairographics.org/releases/cairo-1.12.18.tar.xz ?

> Stan

I think I found the problem. It looks like the download was being corrupted
when I tried to fetch the file from home. When I downloaded the file using
a browser from work, the SHA256 checksum and filesize match the SHA256
checksum and filesize listed in distinfo.  Strange that the download was
getting corrupted...

Stan