"tlmgr" on FreeBSD

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Thu Jul 30 19:08:50 UTC 2015

Hi!

> Yes, I know, and it is installed. This is the error message:
>
> cannot setup TLPDB in /usr at /usr/local/bin/tlmgr line 5611.

This:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/137428/tlmgr-cannot-setup-tlpdb

says:

tlmgr init-usertree

is required before tlmgr can be used. Which is misleading, as the
next possible command:

tlmgr --usermode info

says:

cannot open /usr/tlpkg/installer/config.guess: No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/tlmgr: could not run /usr/tlpkg/installer/config.guess, cannot proceed, sorry at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 242.

So I guess some part of the path-guessing that tlmgr is doing
goes wrong and we need to dig into that tlmgr code.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         5 years to go !