Rebuilding my ports area

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Fri Jul 24 07:21:23 UTC 2015

FreeBSD 9.3-RELEASE-p20 (GENERIC) #0: Tue Jul 21 19:29:33 UTC 2015

Having completely scragged my ports area following various changes to
pkg/pkgng/etc, and being unable to "sysinstall" it from CD (not found for
some reason) or via FTP (not found on server etc), I found a pristine copy
of ports.txz and unpacked it (sigh, yet another compression scheme), after
renaming the old directory.

Anyway, what do I do now?  Assume that many ports have been installed, and
that the databases etc are probably a dog's breakfast, per the conflicts
that I have posted here earlier.  If it helps, I have a list of those
ports that were installed, and hopefully the dependencies will be taken
care of automagically.

Thanks.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Those who don't understand security will suffer"
Watson never said "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."