devel/cmake fails with Signal 11

Rob Belics rob at spartantheatre.org
Tue Jul 21 21:44:18 UTC 2015

I tried to update today but received this:
/usr/ports/devel/cmake/work/cmake-3.2.3/Help/index.rst:16: WARNING: toctree contains reference to nonexisting document u'manual/cmake-gui.1'
None:None: WARNING: cmake:manual reference target not found: cmake-gui(1)
None:None: WARNING: cmake:manual reference target not found: cmake-gui(1)
[100%] Built target documentation
Installing the project stripped. . .
*** Signal 11

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/cmake/work/cmake-3.2.3
*** Error code 1

After Googling a bit, I thought the error was caused by sphinx. Portmaster shows sphinx as being py27-sphinx but there is no port in my tree; just py-sphinx. I tried to change the config so it doesn't build with docs or man pages but unchecking the options would not take. I had to "uninstall" py27-sphinx and py27-sphinx_rtd_theme.

However, attempting to build with the new config now gives me

===> Staging for cmake-3.2.3_2
===> Generating temporary packing list
[100%] Built target ctest
Installing the project stripped...
*** Signal 11

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/cmake/work/cmake-3.2.3
*** Error code 1

I had also uninstalled cmake at one time and re-extracted it to no avail. So I'm stuck without cmake right now and don't know what to do.