Does OpenMP (iomp5) work for clang-devel?

Brooks Davis brooks at freebsd.org
Tue Jul 21 01:07:34 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 05:48:58PM -0700, Dennis Glatting wrote:
> I can't seem to get this working and it appears not to emit code. I have
> libiomp5 installed and I compile specifying:
>
>  clang++-devel -fopenmp=libiomp5 ...
>
> And the compiler says:
>
>  clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-fopenmp=libiomp5'

The most recent clang-devel port doesn't include the bits to make iomp
support automatic (it came not long after the update).  I'm working on
a update, but the ability to build clang and llvm separately appears to
have been broken quite badly so it's taking a while and the only port to
install will be devel/llvm-devel.

Simple programs to work if you link with -liomp5 manually.

> Is there a compile-time test involved somewhere, perhaps in llvm build?

Assuming I manage to include the openmp runtime in the next update, I think
it will work and I plan to configure the

> Should /usr/local/llvm-devel/lib/ be in /etc/ld.so.conf? (That doesn't
> seem to help).

ldconfig should be handled correctly by the ports infrastructure.

-- Brooks