Self committing... allowed or not?

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 19 14:43:24 UTC 2015

On 19 Jul 2015, at 14:02, Michelle Sullivan <michelle at sorbs.net> wrote:

> please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't self committing (those with the
> commit bit committing their own patches without QA/review/adding
> patchfiles to the PR) against the rules?... or is it just a free-for-all
> now?

If they are the maintainer, it is OK by definition.  Otherwise, approval
from either the maintainer or portmgr@ is needed.

However, a number of people are on vacation, and they have notified
other developers that is OK to fix their ports while they are away.
Within reason, of course. :-)

In any case, which specific ports are you worried about?

-Dimitry