poudriere with custom packages

Aristedes Maniatis ari at ish.com.au
Fri Jul 17 06:32:33 UTC 2015

On 17/07/2015 3:59pm, Shane Ambler wrote:
> As long as the name you use for the port is unique, steps like portsnap
> or svn update should not remove it. I would still keep a copy elsewhere.

Thanks for that. I'm doing exactly what everyone here suggests (abandoning my reversing engineered +MANIFEST and using ports) and so far it works well. The only obstacle I found was that adding my own category (to keep out the way of portsnap) didn't work, even with:

#cat /usr/ports/Makefile.local
SUBDIR += ish
CATEGORIES += ish

I agree that a weighting on the repo configs would be terrific.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis