virtualbox-ose-kmod fails to build in kernel epilogue

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Sun Jul 12 16:55:34 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 09:34:46AM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> Probably not relevant, but your kernel build is attempting to build the
> just released virtualbox-ose-kmod-4.3.30. have you updated to
> virtualbox-ose-4.3.30?

Aye:

g1-245(10.2)[3] pkg info virtualbox\*
virtualbox-ose-4.3.30
virtualbox-ose-kmod-4.3.30

(I refresh the installed ports after each (successful) update of FreeBSD
stable/10 -- which, on this laptop, is daily.)

> Since the kmod is a dependency of virtualbox-ose-4.3.30, I suspect it is
> not an issue, but it is something to confirm. Not a lot of options
> available and I don't think they have changed since at least the first
> version 4 release:

Ah; OK.  (I had installed emulators/virtualbox-ose to try something
out, but haven't got the thing that needed to alien environment to
work yet, so I don't tend to pay all that much attention to vbox.)

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Those who murder in the name of God or prophet are blasphemous cowards.