pkg 1.5.0 is out

Ulrich Spörlein uspoerlein at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 17:38:21 UTC 2015

> On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 01:36:14PM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a way the external SAT solver functionality can be memory
> > optimised? When trying to use this feature having +750 packages
> > installed, the memory usage starts growing and growing beyond 4GBytes
> > until PKG segfaults, even before the CNF export has started.
> >
> > env SAT_SOLVER=mysolver pkg upgrade
>
> Probably, but given the little amount of time pkg developers has we will greatly
> appreciate patches :)
>
> AKA this would be greatly appreciated, but very low on the priority list :(
>
> Best regards,
> Bapt

Hijacking this, I managed to mess up my local pkg repo somehow.

I build my own set of packages, and typically do pkg upgrade on the
clients. This time, I tried pkg upgrade -F, which went and downloaded
everything and that's fine. But now when I run "pkg upgrade" it claims
everything is already updated?

root at coyote:~# pkg --version
1.5.4
root at coyote:~# pkg upgrade
Updating acme repository catalogue...
acme repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
Checking for upgrades (68 candidates): 100%
Processing candidates (68 candidates): 100%
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Your packages are up to date.

So let's try brute forcing this:

root at coyote:~# pkg install `pkg info -aqo`
Updating acme repository catalogue...
acme repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
databases/db48 has no direct installation candidates, change it to db5? [Y/n]: Y
Assertion failed: (0), function pkg_jobs_try_remote_candidate, file
pkg_jobs.c, line 821.
Child process pid=60776 terminated abnormally: Abort trap
Exit 250

Using more force:

root at coyote:~# pkg upgrade -f db48
Updating acme repository catalogue...
acme repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
db48 has no direct installation candidates, change it to db5? [Y/n]: y
pkg: sqlite error while executing UPDATE packages SET name=?1  WHERE
name=?2; in file pkg_jobs.c:1658: UNIQUE constraint failed:
packages.name
The following 1 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

Installed packages to be UPGRADED:
        db5: 4.8.30.0_2 -> 5.3.28_2

The process will require 37 MiB more space.
12 MiB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y
Fetching db5-5.3.28_2.txz: 100%   12 MiB   6.4MB/s    00:02
Checking integrity...Assertion failed: (strcmp(uid, p->uid) != 0),
function pkg_conflicts_check_local_path, file pkg_jobs_conflicts.c,
line 368.
Child process pid=60922 terminated abnormally: Abort trap
Exit 250

the -debug output has nothing of interest that I can see.

What's up?