FreeBSD Port: xen-tools-4.2.2

Scott Loga cres24 at crescentpilots.com
Sat Jan 31 20:52:30 UTC 2015

Today, I attempted to update xen-tools-4.1.3.3 to 4.2.2 and received the following error:

ct/gobject-query.1  /usr/ports/devel/glib20/work/stage/usr/local/man/man1
====> Compressing man pages (compress-man)
===>  Installing for glib-2.42.1
===>  Checking if glib already installed
===>   glib-2.42.1 is already installed
      You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
      by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
      If you really wish to overwrite the old port of glib
      without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
      in your environment or the "make install" command line.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/glib20
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/glib20
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/sysutils/xen-tools

===>>> make build failed for sysutils/xen-tools
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Update for sysutils/xen-tools failed

===>>> Aborting update

===>>> There are messages from installed ports to display,
       but first take a moment to review the error messages
       above.  Then press Enter when ready to proceed.

My server uname information is:

FreeBSD vbsdweb171.crescentpilots.com 10.1-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p5 #0: Tue Jan 27 08:55:07 UTC 2015     root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

It failed to build/update using postmaster -ad command.

In order to install xen-tools-4.2.2, I had to first “make deinstall” xen-tools-4.1.3_3 and xe-guest-utilities-6.0.2_3 then install the latest version of xen-tools and xe-guest-utilities.

I did know if that was the preferred method given no mention of an alternative in /usr/ports/UPDATING

I just wanted to share this information with you and also, thank you for maintaining the port!

If you need additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Scott Loga