libiconv.la issues

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Sun Jan 25 17:13:18 UTC 2015

On Jan 25, 2015, at 1:02 AM, olli hauer <ohauer at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2015-01-25 05:46, LuKreme wrote:
>> On Jan 24, 2015, at 9:17 PM, LuKreme <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
>>> sed: /usr/local/lib/libiconv.la: No such file or directory
>>> libtool: link: `/usr/local/lib/libiconv.la' is not a valid libtool archive
>>> *** [libarchive.la] Error code 1
>> # uname -v
>> FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p3 #0: Sat Jan 11 02:38:15 UTC 2014     root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
>
> Please follow the instructions in UPDATING entry 20140909.

I had found a slightly different command line in a mailing list archive which returned no results.

find /usr/local/lib -name '*.la' -exec grep -qi iconv {} \; -print |  xargs -n 1 pkg which -oq | sort -u

$ find /usr/local/lib -name '*.la' | xargs grep -l 'libiconv.la' | xargs pkg which
/usr/local/lib/libgdbm.la was not found in the database
/usr/local/lib/apr-util-1/apr_dbm_gdbm.la was not found in the database
/usr/local/lib/libaprutil-1.la was not found in the database
/usr/local/lib/libxml2.la was not found in the database

Much better. After sorting out a python issue, it looks to be happily building p5- (It wilily kill me in the morning, though).

> BTW, FreeBSD 9.2 is EoL since 2014-12-30, see http://www.freebsd.org/security/security.html#sup
>
> Perhaps a good time to upgrade from 9.2 -> 9.3

Yes, but updating my installs seemed like a good thing to do *BEFORE* I update from 9.2/

--
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.