heimdal/krb5 conflicts

Da Rock freebsd-ports at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Sun Jan 18 23:27:39 UTC 2015

I've asked around trying to get a quick answer on this, but it seems it
is not too well known.

Reasonably recently I've installed krb5 on a system but only in the past
few weeks have I run into some real trouble with a conflict with heimdal
trying to install as a port, so I don't know which exactly is the cause
of the issue. Regardless, how do I tell my ports to stop insisting on
using heimdal?

I've googled, but everything is like a decade old. I have tried a few
things from these though, but to no avail. My make.conf has these
options in it now:

NO_KERBEROS=YES
KRB5_HOME=/usr/local    (also tried /usr/local/lib/krb5)
#WITH_HEIMDAL=NO
KRB5_IMPL=MIT    (and mit)

What else can I do? What is the magic incantation to make this stupid
issue go away :) ?

Cheers