updating alpine port to new version (as a maintainer)

Ben Woods woodsb02 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 23:07:59 UTC 2015

Good news - that means the port is now compiling fine, and the last thing
you need to do is fix the pkg-plist file to ensure it accurately reflects
all the files the port will install:
# cd PORTDIR
# make clean
# make
# make makeplist

That will dump the new plist to the console standard output, but doesn't
actually update the pkg-plist for you (you have to do that by redirecting
the output to the file). But note, you need to follow the instructions of
the first line (delete the first line, and check the output of the rest of
the file looks reasonable). I would redirect the output to a new plist file
and compare the difference before overwriting the main plist file:
# make makeplist > pkg-plist.new
# diff -u pkg-plist pkg-plist.new

Then you can make the necessary changes to the pkg-plist file and delete
the pkg-plist.new file.

From: Benjamin Woods
woodsb02 at gmail.com